Fire Works Ordinance
CITY OF BRONSON FIREWORKS ORDINANCE #216
Purpose: An ordinance to provide for the health safety and welfare of the citizens of the City of Bronson by regulating the use of fireworks within the city limits.
Summary of the Ordinance #216: A person shall not ignite, discharge or use fireworks within the City, except that consumer fireworks may be discharged on the following dates after 11:00 a.m. on the following days, consistent with Section 7(2) of Public Act 256 of 2011, as amended, and all other applicable local, state, or federal regulations:
· December 31 until 1:00 a.m. on January 1;
· The Saturday and Sunday immediately preceding Memorial Day until 11:45 p.m. on each of those days;
· June 29 to July 4 until 11:45 p.m. on each of those days;
· July 5, if that date is a Friday or Saturday, until 11:45 p.m.;
· The Saturday and Sunday immediately preceding Labor Day, until 11:45 p.m. on each of those days.
Fireworks, may be permitted, by application to the Police Department for special community events such as Polish Festival, football games or other events. No minor shall use, ignite, or possess any fireworks unless under the direct supervision of an adult at all times. The discharge of fireworks is prohibited on public property, school property, church property, or the property of another person without that organizations or person’s express permission.
Violations, fines, and penalties for violation of this ordinance include:
· First offense; $250 fine.
· Second offense; within one year of first offense: a fine of $500.
· Third and subsequent offenses within two years of the first offense; a fine of $1,000
· Any individual, group, or organization which utilizes fireworks whether under the permission of this ordinance, or in violation of this ordinance, shall be civilly responsible for any damage caused to property not belonging to that person, or group, or organization, through the use of the fireworks.
This is a summary of the ordinance, a full copy of the Ordinance is posted below:
Fireworks Ordinance #216